The Woodlands takes golfers on a scenic journey through a world of tall, hardwood trees that guard the lush Bent Grass fairways and large, undulating greens of the course's enjoyable yet challenging 18 holes.
Designed by renowned golf course architect Lindsay Ervin, The Woodlands opened in 1998 to critical acclaim. Ervin himself said The Woodlands "truly ranks as my best design" and Washington Golf Monthly called it "the best public course in the Baltimore suburbs." Golf Digest has rated The Woodlands a "Four Star Places to Play Award Winner."
The clubhouse which is shared with Diamond Ridge, is ideal for golf events of any size and with its 36 holes on the property is a landing site for many double shotgun events in the region. The outdoor event pavilion is perfect for post tournament festivities and offers full capacity seating, scenic views and a scoreboard.
See what The Baltimore Sun has to say about The Woodlands in On Course.
Professional Staff at The Woodlands:
Head Golf Professional – Tim Butler, PGA
Assistant Golf Professional – Joe Keenan, PGA
Golf Operations Assistant Manager - Sam Stafford, PGA Apprentice
Golf Course Superintendent – Matt Madsen, GCSAA
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent – Kirby Fitzingo, GCSAA
Amenities & Offerings
- Driving Range with 45 hitting stations
- Wedge Target Course available at the driving range
- Two large practice putting greens, chipping area, and practice bunkers
- All-weather pavilion to house outings and events
- Lessons available from certified PGA professionals
- Fully stocked Golf Shop
- Full service food and beverage operation including alcoholic beverages